Whether through products liability, asbestos litigation or claims arising from professional and hospital malpractice, Cohen, Placitella & Roth works with leading safety experts to make sure that our clients’ rights are protected and to improve safety standards in our community.
Our lawyers have been involved in groundbreaking cases that have led to improvements in pedestrian safety at road crossings, the design of guards for machines that improved workplace safety and have provided recommendations and implementation of policies and procedures that would improve the delivery of medical treatment to patients.
Improving Safety Throughout Our Communities
While the focus on safety is a by-product of representing our clients, the lawyers at Cohen, Placitella & Roth use what they learn in their practice to educate and improve safety within their community.
Cohen, Placitella & Roth lawyers provide presentations to the community, to insurers and to health care providers about health and safety issues. Some of the organizations in which we are active and have presented lectures to improve or implement safety measures are as follows:
- Brain Injury Association of Pennsylvania
- United Cerebral Palsy of Philadelphia and the Vicinity
- Disciplinary Board of The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Hearing Committee
- New Jersey Association for Justice (formerly New Jersey Trial Lawyers, ATLA®-NJ)
- Harvard Medical School, Penn State University, Temple Law School
- Occupational Health and Safety Board, New Jersey AFL-CIO
- New Jersey Public Interest Law Center
- New Jersey Workplace Environmental Council