$22 Million Verdict Against Burnham LLC

Cohen, Placitella & Roth

Jul 5, 2016

An 86-year-old man recently won his lawsuit against defendant Burnham LLC, a manufacturer of boilers. The man, Mr. Frank Gondar, is a victim of mesothelioma, which he claimed was a result of his exposure to asbestos found in Burnham’s boilers. According to the suit, Gondar was regularly and continuously exposed to asbestos-containing dust during his working years, when he engaged in home renovation projects (many of which involved boiler removal). Gondar, who was represented by the attorneys of Belluck & Fox, LLP, alleged that Burnham failed to exercise reasonable care, as it did not warn Gondar (nor others) of the hazards of asbestos associated with in products. The jury agreed, and issued a verdict against the company for $22 million.

Plaintiff Collects $22 Million Damages

The jury’s $22 million decision included $12 million in damages for Gondar’s past pain and suffering, and $10 million for his future pain and suffering. While the jury only found that Burnham LLC was 25 percent at fault for Gondar’s mesothelioma – with the remaining 75 percent of fault being distributed amongst other boiler manufacturing companies – they were responsible for all of the damages because the company acted with “reckless disregard” for the safety of others.

The verdict was the second one against Burnham for Belluck & Fox, LLP this month. Earlier in June, 2016, the firm’s founding partner – Jordan Fox –was able to acquire a $6.25 million verdict against Burnham as well.

What to Do If You Have Mesothelioma

Mesothelioma is a horrible disease. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, it may be because you were exposed to asbestos. If you believe this to be true, contact the experienced Philadelphia mesothelioma attorneys at the law firm of Cohen, Placitella & Roth, P.C. today.

If you would like to schedule your free consultation with CPR Law, contact us online or give us a call at (888) 560-7189.