JAMES P. GOSLEE (Shareholder) is an experienced trial lawyer and represents plaintiffs in personal injury, product defect, medical malpractice and libel and defamation claims. In addition to representing individuals injured as a result of negligence, he has recently served in a leadership role in multidistrict litigation, serving as State Liaison Counsel in In Re Sorin 3T Litigation.
James has secured substantial jury verdicts on behalf of his clients. Some of his notable verdicts and settlements include:
- $2 million settlement reached during trial in a medical malpractice claim in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania (2017);
- $2.39 million jury verdict in a medical malpractice case in Lehigh County (2016). Voted as one of the Top 20 Verdicts in Pennsylvania by The Legal Intelligencer;
- $6 million settlement on behalf of the parents of 13-year-old boy who drowned in an apartment complex swimming pool (2016);
- $1,400,000 settlement for a boy injured during childbirth (2017);
- $750,000 settlement in a lack of informed consent case (2019);
- $1,250,000 for a woman who suffered an amputation injury due to medical negligence (2017);
- $495,000 jury verdict in Philadelphia for a worker who suffered a hamstring tear (2017);
- $965,000 settlement for a patron assaulted outside a bar (2017);
- $975,000 settlement for a tenant injured by a ceiling falling inside her apartment (2017);
- $528,000 jury verdict in Philadelphia for a worker injured when he fell through scaffolding (2015);
- $700,000 arbitration award for a school teacher who suffered a mild traumatic brain injury in a car accident (2016);
- $1 million policy limit settlement for a man injured in an automobile accident.
James serves on the Leadership Council of the non-profit Community Legal Services of Philadelphia and is an active member of the Temple Inn of Court. In 2016, he was the recipient of The Legal Intelligencers Lawyer on the Fast Track award.
James graduated from Temple University School of Law Magna Cum Laude and has a master’s degree in trial advocacy. He worked for 3 years at a large international law firm before taking a clerkship with a federal district court judge.
Contact us for your consultation (215) 567-3500
Law Clerk to the Honorable Timothy J. Savage in the United States District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2009 – 2011).
Mr. Goslee is a pro-bono volunteer for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania’s Prisoner Civil Rights Litigation panel.
United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Pennsylvania Associates for Justice (Member of the Board of Governors)
Philadelphia Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
Pennsylvania Association for Justice (Future Leaders Section Delegate)
Temple Inn of Court
Article & Publications
James P. Goslee, Major Changes to Removal Jurisdiction in 2012, The Legal Intelligencer (January 9, 2012).
James P. Goslee, Leaving the Courthouse: Career Advice for Law Clerks, The Legal Intelligencer (May 10, 2012).
James P. Goslee, Revisiting the Feingold Decisions -— Putting Bad Faith in Context, The Legal Intelligencer (November 20, 2012).
James P. Goslee & Matthew T. Stone, Prioritizing Business Development to Ensure Autonomy, The Legal Intelligencer, January 22, 2013).