James P. Goslee
James Goslee is a Shareholder at Cohen, Placitella & Roth, and represents plaintiffs in personal injury, medical malpractice and defective product liability litigation. As an experienced trial attorney, Mr. Goslee has secured substantial jury verdicts on behalf of his clients. Some of his notable verdicts and settlements include:
- $50 million in aggregate settlements for plaintiffs injured by a defective product;
- $2.39 million jury verdict in a medical malpractice case in Lehigh County. Voted as one of the Top 20 Verdicts in Pennsylvania by The Legal Intelligencer;
- $6 million settlement on behalf of the parents of 13-year-old boy who drowned in an apartment complex swimming pool;
- $2 million wrongful death settlement for a client injured in a commercial parking lot;
- $2 million recovery in a wrongful death matter settled during trial;
- $1.75 million wrongful death recovery in a failure to diagnose cancer case;
- $1,400,000 settlement for a boy injured during childbirth;
- $1,250,000 for a woman who suffered an amputation injury due to medical negligence;
- $495,000 jury verdict in Philadelphia for a worker who suffered a hamstring tear;
- $965,000 settlement for a patron beaten outside a bar;
- $975,000 settlement for a tenant injured by a ceiling falling inside her apartment;
- $528,000 jury verdict in Philadelphia for a worker injured when he fell through scaffolding;
- $700,000 arbitration award for a school teacher who suffered a mild traumatic brain injury in a car accident;
- $1 million policy limit settlement for a man injured in an automobile accident.
Mr. Goslee has been named a Pennsylvania “Rising Star” for 5 consecutive years and more recently was selected as a Pennsylvania “Super Lawer.” Mr. Goslee was also named by the Legal Intelligencer as a “Lawyer on the Fast Track.”
In addition to his legal work, Mr. Goslee has served on the Leadership Council of the non-profit Community Legal Services of Philadelphia since 2018 and, in the past, served on the Pennsylvania Association for Justices Board of Governors.
Mr. Goslee graduated from Temple University School of Law Magna Cum Laude and has a masters degree in trial advocacy (with honors). He worked for 3 years at a large international law firm before taking a clerkship with a federal district court judge.
Temple University LLM Program for Trial Advocacy (with honors), 2014
Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, J.D. (magna cum laude), 2006
Lycoming College, B.A. (Economics), 2003
Law Clerk to the Honorable Timothy J. Savage in the United States District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2009 – 2011).
Mr. Goslee is a pro-bono volunteer for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania’s Prisoner Civil Rights Litigation panel.
United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Pennsylvania Associates for Justice (Member of the Board of Governors)
Philadelphia Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
Pennsylvania Association for Justice (Future Leaders Section Delegate)
Temple Inn of Court
Article & Publications
James P. Goslee, Major Changes to Removal Jurisdiction in 2012, The Legal Intelligencer (January 9, 2012).
James P. Goslee, Leaving the Courthouse: Career Advice for Law Clerks, The Legal Intelligencer (May 10, 2012).
James P. Goslee, Revisiting the Feingold Decisions -— Putting Bad Faith in Context, The Legal Intelligencer (November 20, 2012).
James P. Goslee & Matthew T. Stone, Prioritizing Business Development to Ensure Autonomy, The Legal Intelligencer, January 22, 2013).